Solar cables are exclusively made for applications in photovoltaic power systems. A solar cable interconnects solar panels and other electrical components of photovoltaic system. These solar cables are designed to be UV & Ozone resistant, Chemical and Oil resistant, with excellent FR properties, propagates smoke with low capacity when burned with external source and contains absolutely ZERO or low halogen.
Solar cables must be insulated to withstand thermal and mechanical loads. The insulation and double jacketed materials are extremely resistant to weathering, UV-radiation and abrasion. DC Cables provided by Green Energy Solutions are truly double-insulated
- Lasts up to 30 years even under tough external conditions.
- Flame retardant, fire retardant.
- Resists extreme temperatures (-40°C to 120°C maximum at the core) and ozone resistant.
- Fast & Easy installation with colour identification.
- Low smoke emission & low toxicity / corrosivity during fire.
- Solar cables are intended for use in photovoltaic power supply systems.
- Buried in ground for constructional covered systems.
- Used in residential and large scale solar farms.
- Panel to Combiner Box.
- Combiner Box to Power Inverter.
- Power Inverter to Transformer.
|Nominal voltage||1100 V / max. (IEC)|
|Test voltage according to EN 50395-6||6.5 kV AC / 15 kV DC (5 min.)|
|Rated current||41 A (2.5 mm²), 55 A (4.0 mm²).
70 A (6.0 mm²), 98 A (10 mm²)
|Rated voltage||1500 V DC IEC|
|Ambient temperature||-40°C …+90°C|
|Conductor Diameter (mm)||1.88 (2.5 mm²), 2.39 (4.0 mm²)
2.93 (6.0 mm²), 3.9 (10 mm²)
|Outer Diameter of cable (mm)||5 (2.5 mm²), 5.8 (4.0 mm²)
6.4 (6.0 mm²), 7.7 (10 mm²)
|Overall weight (kg/Km)||45 (2.5 mm²), 60 (4.0 mm²)
80 (6.0 mm²), 120 (10 mm²)
|Optimum bending radius||5 X OD|
|Current rating under continuous operation||30A (2.5 mm²), 42A (4.0 mm²)
52A (6.0 mm²), 76A (10 mm²)
|Isolation, acc. IEC 60332-1-2||Flame retardantwith particularly low smoke emission|
|Conductor: Tinned copper strands
Number larger than standard
|Wire class 5
in accordance to IEC/EN 60228
|SheathColour||Partial Black-Red / Red|